Breaking New Year's Resolutions

I had my first experience where I had to catch myself with regard to my New Year's Resolution the other day.

I have been looking at mp3 players, and I wanted to have a hands on look at a couple of them - the Creative Zen, and the Zune. Circuit City carries both, so off I went. I found the mp3 players and started looking them over, only to discover that the two I wanted to look at would not power on. After standing there for 10 minutes, trying out the others on display, a sales associate finally came over to see what I needed. I explained my dilemma, that I wanted to compare players, but the 2 weren't working. Instead of offering to hook them up to an auxiliary source, he said, "Well, it depends on what you're looking for." Then to add insult to injury, another associate came over, stood behind me, and carried on a conversation with the first one as if I wasn't even there. I walked off, and left the store.

When I caught up to Ellen (at another store), I said, "Oh, I hate Circuit City!" I quickly caught myself and restated it: "I find that the customer service at Circuit City is not very good, and their use of rebates rather than discounts isn't very customer friendly. I prefer to shop elsewhere."

And retail management wonders why people like to shop online.

I'm still looking for an mp3 player, though.

1 Response to "Breaking New Year's Resolutions"

  1. Marie Says:

    One word: iPod.