Radio Paradise

In the course of doing some website work for a parish, I have talked on the phone with Kate a couple of times. When I was at her parish doing some training I noticed that she had a WMVY sticker on her computer. WMVY is probably my favorite radio station. So now every time we talk we compare good radio stations that we can listen to online. I have suggested to her WAPS, and she has suggested to me KLCC.

On Monday she told me about Radio Paradise. She described it as a station where you can make your own playlist. It's not. (Perhaps she was thinking of Paradise Radio, which seems to be mostly dance music, or Pandora, where you can create your own "station".) I tuned in to Radio Paradise, and I must say it's fantastic!! It's a streaming-only station, and they play a very eclectic mix of music. The best part is that about 50% of it is from artists I've never heard of before. And another 25% is from artists I haven't heard in a long time, or deeper cuts from artists I have heard of.

To give you an idea, here is their playlist for an hour this morning:

9:35 am - Cake - Mahna Mahna
9:32 am - Squirrel Nut Zippers - Hell
9:31 am - Erin McKeown - The Taste of You
9:27 am - Beatles - Two Of Us
9:25 am - The Cure - 2 Late
9:19 am - U2 - Where the Streets Have No Name
9:13 am - Eluvium - Prelude For Time Feelers
9:09 am - Thirteen Senses - Do No Wrong
9:06 am - Guided By Voices - Learning to Hunt
9:03 am - The Wailin' Jennys - Take it Down
8:58 am - A Perfect Circle - The Noose
8:52 am - Blue Man Group - Mandelgroove
8:48 am - Dave Matthews Band - Minarets
8:43 am - Los Lobos - The Town
8:39 am - David Sylvian and Robert Fripp - God's Monkey

So if you have some time, tune in this station. Well worth it!!

1 Response to "Radio Paradise"

  1. Marie Says:

    I love, love, love internet radio and streaming music. My newest site is musicovery.com, which matches songs to your mood and you can even pick a decade if you want.